Reorganization of the subgroups of Volkswagen Financial Services Aktiengesellschaft and Volkswagen Bank GmbH, 01.03.2023
Today, the management board of Volkswagen Financial Services Aktiengesellschaft and the board of managing directors of Volkswagen Bank GmbH resolved to initiate a reorganization of the subgroups of Volkswagen Financial Services Aktiengesellschaft and Volkswagen Bank GmbH.
To implement the planned reorganization, the majority of the German and European companies (including the respective subsidiaries and participations) as well as other assets, liabilities and further legal relationships of Volkswagen Financial Services Aktiengesellschaft and Volkswagen Bank GmbH (including its participations) shall be combined and consolidated under a new financial holding company supervised by the ECB. The shares in Volkswagen Leasing GmbH shall be completely transferred to Volkswagen Bank GmbH. The current Volkswagen Financial Services Aktiengesellschaft shall act as a holding company for non-European companies. In the context of the planned measures, existing control and profit and loss transfer agreements shall also be adjusted and extended to the new financial holding company. Both the new financial holding company and the holding company for non-European companies will continue to be an integral part of the Volkswagen Group, but with different geographic business focus.
By bundling its activities in a European financial services provider, the refinancing strength of Volkswagen Bank GmbH can best be used for the growth of the leasing business in Germany and Europe. The Volkswagen Group is thus laying the foundation for the successful implementation of the Group's strategy in the mobility sector, taking into account the regulatory framework.
It is intended to complete the main steps of the reorganization mid-2024. The implementation of the reorganization is subject to the approval of the supervisory board of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft.
Reorganization of the subgroups of Volkswagen Financial Services Aktiengesellschaft and Volkswagen Bank GmbH
AdHoc release as of 01.03.2023
|Mar 1, 2023|
Please describe the core elements of the new set up of Volkswagen Financial Services
- Establishment of a new “Volkswagen Financial Services AG” financial holding for the European financial services activities including the UK, which will be supervised by the ECB.
- Volkswagen Bank GmbH and Volkswagen Leasing GmbH will be integrated and consolidated within this new European financial holding.
- Transformation of the existing Volkswagen Financial Services AG into a new “Volkswagen Financial Services Overseas AG”, which will become the holding company of the non-European business activities.
- The new structure is expected to be implemented mid-2024.
What are the reasons and goals for the restructuring of Volkswagen Financial Services?
- The new structure paves the way for a successful implementation of the Volkswagen group NEW AUTO strategy in the field of mobility services.
- In the Volkswagen Financial Services strategy MOBILITY2030 we formulated an ambitious growth path.
- For this growth we are enhancing our sustainable and competitive refinancing structure e.g. by usage of Volkswagen Bank GmbH’s broad range of funding instruments to fund the planned growth path of the European business.
- By implementing this new concept of two holding companies – one for the European and the other for the overseas financial services business – we are establishing a sustainable group setup and governance structures, considering the changing regulatory environment.
- Both holding companies will be 100% affiliates of Volkswagen AG and remain integral and strategically important parts of the Volkswagen Group but with different geographic business focus.
- In the context of the reorganization, the existing domination and profit and loss transfer agreements will be adapted accordingly and extended to the new financial holding company.
When will the project be implemented?
The new structure is expected to be implemented mid-2024.
Will the credit rating of Volkswagen Bank GmbH and Volkswagen Financial Services AG AG change?
We do expect the ratings to continue to be oriented towards the rating of the Volkswagen AG. We are in close dialogue with the rating agencies.
Will there be a Profit and Loss Transfer Agreement between Volkswagen AG and VWFSAG Overseas?
In the context of the realignment the existing domination and profit and loss transfer agreements will be adapted accordingly and extended to the new financial holding company. There will be a Profit and Loss Transfer Agreement with the new Volkswagen Financial Services AG as well as the Volkswagen Financial Services Overseas with Volkswagen AG.
Will there be changes in the management structure / members of the boards?
There is no decision taken yet.